Several states in India manufacture cloth. Here are some of the Indian states that host the majority of cloth manufacturers & cloth manufacturing companies in India:
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu is the one of the largest manufacturers of clothing in India. Cities like Coimbatore, Tirupur, Salem, Erode, and Karur are known for their textile mills and export garment manufacturing units.
- Gujarat: Gujarat is another important state for textile manufacturing in India is one of the largest textile-producing states in the country. It is famous for its cotton production and has numerous textile mills and power looms.
- Maharashtra: Maharashtra, particularly Mumbai and its surrounding areas, has a significant textile industry. Cities like Mumbai, Bhiwandi, Ichalkaranji, and Solapur are major textile hubs in the state.
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu is another important state for textile manufacturing in India. Cities like Coimbatore, Tirupur, Salem, Erode, and Karur are known for their textile mills and garment manufacturing units.
- Uttar Pradesh: Uttar Pradesh has a significant presence in the textile industry. Kanpur, Agra, Varanasi, and Bhadohi are some of the cities known for textile production.
- West Bengal: West Bengal, particularly Kolkata, is known for its textile industry. The state is famous for manufacturing silk textiles, including the world-renowned Baluchari and Murshidabad silk sarees.
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan has a rich textile heritage and is known for its traditional block printing and handloom textiles. Jaipur, Ajmer, and Bhilwara are prominent textile centers in the state.
- Punjab: Punjab is known for its textile mills, particularly in cities like Ludhiana and Amritsar. The state specializes in the production of hosiery and woolen textiles.
- Karnataka: Karnataka has a significant textile industry, especially in cities like Bengaluru, Mysuru, and Hubli. It is known for manufacturing cotton textiles, silk sarees, and readymade garments.