Here is a list of Top 10 clothing manufacturers in India along with a brief overview of their history:
- Arvind Limited: Arvind Limited, established in 1931, is one of the oldest and largest textile conglomerates in India. It began as a manufacturer of traditional Indian textiles and has since diversified into various segments, including denim, garments, and lifestyle products. Arvind Limited is known for its innovation, sustainability initiatives, and strong global presence.
- Raymond Group: Founded in 1925, the Raymond Group is a prominent textile and apparel company in India. It started with the production of high-quality woolen fabrics and later expanded into ready-to-wear garments. Raymond is renowned for its iconic brand, “Raymond – The Complete Man,” and has a wide range of products, including formal and casual wear.
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited: Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited (ABFRL) is a subsidiary of the Aditya Birla Group and operates as a leading player in the Indian fashion industry. ABFRL’s history can be traced back to 1986 when it launched its first brand, Allen Solly. Since then, it has grown exponentially and now encompasses popular brands such as Pantaloons, Van Heusen, Louis Philippe, and more.
- Shahi Exports: Shahi Exports is one of the largest apparel manufacturers in India and has a significant global presence. It was established in 1974 and has since become a preferred supplier for several renowned international brands. Shahi Exports specializes in manufacturing a wide range of garments, including casual wear, sportswear, formal wear, and outerwear.
- Welspun India Limited: Welspun India Limited has a rich history dating back to 1985. It is a leading textile manufacturer that produces a diverse range of products, including home textiles, bathrobes, rugs, and apparel fabrics. Welspun is known for its focus on sustainability and has earned a reputation for quality and reliability in the global textile market.
- Orient Craft Limited: Founded in 1978, Orient Craft Limited is a leading garment manufacturer with a strong presence in the export market. The company specializes in producing high-quality apparel for men, women, and children. Orient Craft has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and is recognized for its adherence to ethical practices and social compliance.
- Gokaldas Exports Limited: Gokaldas Exports Limited is one of the largest garment exporters in India. Established in 1979, the company has a rich heritage of manufacturing and exporting a wide range of apparel. Gokaldas Exports caters to renowned international brands and is known for its expertise in producing knitwear, outerwear, and sportswear.
- Loyal Textile Mills Limited: Loyal Textile Mills Limited has a history spanning over seven decades since its inception in 1946. It is a vertically integrated textile manufacturer with operations ranging from spinning and weaving to processing and garment production. Loyal Textile Mills is known for its commitment to quality, sustainability, and innovation.
- Kitex Garments Limited: Kitex Garments Limited was founded in 1992 and has emerged as a leading manufacturer of children’s apparel. It is renowned for its vertically integrated manufacturing capabilities, producing a wide range of baby and children’s wear. Kitex Garments is recognized for its ethical practices, social responsibility, and emphasis on sustainable production.
- Page Industries Limited: Page Industries Limited is the exclusive licensee of Jockey International Inc. in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the UAE. Since its establishment in 1995, Page Industries has rapidly grown to become one of the leading innerwear manufacturers in India. The company is known for its focus on quality, comfort, and innovation in the innerwear and leisurewear segment.
These top 10 garment manufacturing companies in India have made significant contributions to the Indian textile and apparel industry, and their commitment to quality, innovation, and sustainability has helped them gain prominence both domestically and globally.