Organic clothing or Sustainable clothing is made from materials that are grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemicals or pesticides by organic clothing manufacturer. Some common materials used to make organic clothing include:
- Organic Cotton: Cotton is one of the most popular fabrics for organic clothing. It is grown without the use of chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
- Hemp: Hemp is a fast-growing plant that requires fewer pesticides and herbicides than cotton. It is also a durable and strong fabric that can be used for a variety of clothing items.
- Linen: Linen is a natural fabric made from the fibers of the flax plant. It is strong, breathable and naturally antibacterial.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a sustainable plant that grows quickly and requires minimal pesticides and herbicides. It is also soft and comfortable to wear.
- Wool: Organic wool comes from sheep that are raised without the use of synthetic hormones or antibiotics. It is a warm and cozy fabric that is great for winter clothing.
Other materials used by sustainable clothing manufacturers for organic clothing can include silk, organic leather, and other plant-based fabrics such as organic jute and organic sisal.
There are several reasons why organic clothing can be considered better than conventional clothing:
- Health Benefits: Organic clothing is made without the use of synthetic chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers. As a result, the clothing is less likely to cause skin irritation or allergic reactions, making it a better choice for people with sensitive skin.
- Environmental Benefits: Organic clothing is made using sustainable farming methods that minimize the impact on the environment. Organic farming methods help to preserve soil quality, reduce water pollution, and conserve biodiversity.
- Sustainability: Organic apparel is made using sustainable materials and production methods. This is ensured by the factories requiring GOTS certifications. Once the factories are GOTS certified, it is 100% certain that the fabric is organic.
- Social Responsibility: Organic clothing is often produced using ethical fair trade practices, which means that workers are paid fair wages and work in safe and healthy conditions.
- Quality: Organic clothing is often made using high-quality materials and production methods, which can result in a longer-lasting and more durable product.
Overall, organic eco friendly sustainable clothing can be considered a better choice for those who are concerned about their health, the environment, and social responsibility. It also promotes sustainable and ethical fashion practices by the organic clothing manufacturer.